The Government is requesting self-quarantine or self-isolation from the elderly, students, and anyone who can stay at home, and is ordering anyone arriving in Hungary from abroad to mandatory self-isolation.
What is self-quarantine?
Self-quarantine, as its name suggests, is not a mandaroty measure, it is a request. It requires you to make sarcifices, but being a responsible resident you can do a lot to protect the community and yourself. What does self-quarantine mean?
- You stay in your own home and you will not leave it s long as the quarantine period lasts.
- You only interact with people, possibly as little as possible, who live in the same household with you.
- You will not let visitors in.
- If you feel sick, have syptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, any other respiratory symptom, call your doctor immediately.
What should you do while self-quarantined?
- Be in a different room from your family members.
- Sleep in a separate bedroom.
- Try and keep a 1,5 metres distance from your family members.
- Do not hug and kiss your loved ones.
- Be meticulous about personal hygene, wash your hands regularly, clean your home frequently, air rooms frequently.
- Every family member should designate their own cutlery, which are to be washed after every use.
- Don’t use the kitchen together with your family members. Try and arrive in a different time from them.
- Keep in touch with your relatives and friends via the phone, e-mail, social media, etc.
- Excersise regularly at home, it reduces stress.
- Try and take this situation as a chance for doing things you never had the time to do. Read, draw, watch movies, have a good night’s sleep.