From the 4th of May, 2020 medical services in Hungary will slowly restart. In the past weeks it was only possible to get urgent conditions treated.
Keeping all hygene-related regulations and paying extra attention to make sure COVID-19 isn’t passed on from one person to the next, the following areas of treatment will restart from the 4th of May:
- GP services, pediatrician services, district nurse services, basic dentist services
- Specialist services, diagnostic specialist services, dentist specialist services
- Outpatient surgeries
- Inpatient services – rehabilitation and transplant surgeries
- Private medical services
Treatments with the least possibility of transmitting COVID-19 will be prioritized in the first phase of the restart. Planned treatments should be gradually brought back.
The following regulations must be adhered to:
- For GP services, pediatrician services and basic dentist services – an appointment must be made over the phone, consultation in person will only happen if deemed necessary. Body temperature must be measured upon entering the medical facility, patients must keep 1.5 meters between themselves at all times. Disinfection must be continuous all throughout the day, doctors and nurses must be provided with hand sanitizers and any other protective equipment that might be necessary.
- Personal consultation can happen during 15 hours/week, and there can be a maximum of 4 patients/hour.
- All medical certificates will be issued based on remote consultation over the phone.
- Outpatient treatments can only be started with a recent negative COVID-19 test.