We have received some information from the director of Pápa Hospital regarding the process of getting PCR tests done locally.
!! We recommend that you contact the CLO, who will walk you through the process, and assist you with the language barrier. !!
– PCR tests are carried out during pre-made appointments Mon to Fri between 0630 AM and 0730 AM.
– Place: COVID-19 section of the Emergency Room in the hospital. Entrance is from the Ambulance entrance (if you are facing the main entrance of the hospital, it is the entrance to the left)
– Appointments to be made at the following phone numbers: +36 89 514 006, +36 89 514 007, +36 89 514 010, +36 89 514 011
– Price of the service: 33 000 HUF
– Mode of paying the service fee: in cash at the place of testing (if you would like to receive an invoice, please let them know at the beginning of your appointment.
– Service fee includes: equipment required for testing, carrying out the test, handling the samples, preparing the sample for transportation, transporting the samples to an accredited laboratory, diagnosing the samples, sending the result (e-mail, postal address or handing it over to someone with an authorization). SYNLAB Hungary Ltd. is the laboratory appointed to diagnose the samples.
– Results are ready within 48 hours of taking the test.
– Testing is done by taking samples with a nasal and throat swab.
– You must arrive to your appointment with an empty stomach, do not brush your teeth or rinse your mouth beforehand.
– Please wait at the time of your appointment in front of the door with a sign – ‘COVID-19 mintavétel’ (COVID-19 testing). The door is by the Ambulance entrance on Jókai street.
– You must wear a mask and disinfect your hands before entering the building.
There is also a possibility to ask for a COVID-19 test without travelling or being in quarantine, conditions are the same as above.